Wednesday, September 9, 2009

When Melrose Place Ruled the World!!

Okay, so I was updating my FaceBook last night when I came across an advertisement for the NEW Melrose Place. What?? Was my first reaction. Seriously, a NEW Melrose Place? What could possibly be better than the original which, first aired July 8, 1992 and ran for 7 seasons. I didn't think anything of it. I made a comment on my FB and that was it...never thought of it again. Until my BFF called me and reminded me that it was on TV. Wow! Boy did that bring back memories of us watching Melrose Place faithfully EVERY Monday night! Oh how I loved the night time soap. I couldn't get enough of the the twists and turns and the lying, cheating and back stabbing. Amanda Woodward (Heather Locklear) was a "Guest" star all 7 seasons! She was my favorite character.
Michael Mancini and SyndeyAndrews were on last night's first Pilot episode. Wow! It does not look like they have aged one bit! I would love to drink from their fountain of youth. Poor Sydney never got a break and she was so misunderstood. I can't believe that she was on the first NEW Melrose Place episode. She was killed in a car accident on her wedding day in the Series Finale (May 24, 1999). I guess talking to my BFF on the phone and watching the NEW Melrose Place I missed the whole conversation where Micheal Mancini helped FAKE her death. And she lived.....only to die, again! Poor Sydney!

So here's to the NEW Melrose Place. I doubt it will ever live up to the original. I may try to suffer thru a few of the episodes to see if I can get into it. Honestly, I would rather buy the original Melrose Place series on DVD and watch them all at once. I already have season 1 and have alread watched it. Now, I need to buy seasons 2-7.

No comments:

Post a Comment