Monday, November 16, 2009

My Uncle Roel Villarreal

On Thursday, November 12, 2009 - my Uncle Roel was involved in a major auto accident. He was leaving his sub-division and turning left on Barker-Cypress when a BMW ran a red light and t-boned him. Needless to say, he sustained several internal injuries which resulted in him being life-flighted to Memorial Hermann (TMC). You may or may not know my Uncle Roel so let me tell you a little about him. I spent MANY summers in Kingsville with my Aunt, Uncle and Cousin. They became my second family and have become a big part of my life. (Thanks mom for always letting me spend time with your sister!!) My unlce is very relaxed and laid back. He retired from Kingsville A&M about 2 years ago. He was the Director of Financial Aide. Many people know him as "Mr. V" My Aunt and Uncle relocated to Houston. I see them pretty often. So when I heard about his accident, my heart dropped. I could only imagine how my aunt and cousin were feeling. As soon as my work day was over My Uncle Danny, Aunt Gloria and I headed to Memorial Hermann. I spent the rest of the weekend going back and forth to the hospital. Another work-week has started and my thoughts and prayers are with my aunt and cousin. If you are interested in following his progress you can go to: http://www.mistervsjourney.blogspot.com/ Delena has been blogging and keeping everyone updated. I am sure they are flooded with call and texts and e-mails. If you are reading this, please keep my Uncle Roel in your prayers. I believe in the power of prayer!!

My message to everyone is......drive with both hands and keep your eyes on the road! I realize in this day and age everyone is multi-tasking and is VERY distracted when they are behind the drivers seat. It does not pay to be in a rush or to be distracted. My Uncle Roel was going for breakfast and now his world has changed. And not only his world but my aunt's and cousin's. He is 65 and retired. He should be enjoying life and now he has a long road to recovery.

Please keep him and his family in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment